Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Chat: Anais's first Match

On 17 Jul 99, at 13:07, Stephanie W wrote:

> Well, I took Anais to her first Match this morning.  The heat was
> terrible.  I've never been in a show ring before, nor has she.  She was
> the only Pyr in the 3-6 month class (is that the right term?) so she got
> 1st place and Best of Breed.  Unfortunately, in the group, she was the
> only one of the five puppies not to get anything, but I guess it was good
> experience for both of us.

LOL! Sounds like Kalinka and I when we went to her second show over
the 4th of July in Brighton, CO.   The heat was oppressive, I do not
do well in heat.  Kalinka started her first real blow just 4 days
before, < the judge said it looked like she was running around the
ring in her underware - I *almost replied, I wish I was too> oops!

Anyway, Kalinka is one of these little girls that will mature into a
beautiful bitch, but it will take time.  She does love the show ring
and needs the experience, as I do.  So go and enjoy, luckily for me
Kalinka loves to get out there and strut her stuff and boy does she
have a 'happy tail'. She did really well in the behavior department,
well if you don't count her trying to bite mommy's skirt as we were
gaiting around the ring.

Oh, and when you get your *second show dog, you will no longer worry
about tripping over your own feet, your underware falling down or be
sure the judge is watching you and not the dogs <g>.

I missed this, but at our last show a woman showing another breed,
lost her slip in the ring.  The crowd gave her a very loud cheery
ovation!
Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico