Re: [PyrNet-L] chat: meat

<<We took back the gizzards and got chicken legs and cooked them up. I think
the hard part here is we are not sure if we are giving them enough of what
they need each day. The book we got just does not help a lot. We got use to
digging into the bag and pouring it by the cup full, so easy. You never have
to measure what you are giving them you don't have to worry about balance of
vitamins.(or do you) What did we get for it will we feel to sick dogs that
seem at this time to be doing much better and we feel will get better in
time as they just started on there new diet.>>DanR

What book did you get?  Ian Billinghurst's book 'Give your Dog a Bone' gives
some great info/ideas on the different things you can feed your dog and what
benefit etc they have.  Has chapters on things like 'vegetables as dog
food', 'meat as dog food', 'organ meat as dog food', dairy products ......',
'eggs.......', 'grains........' and also talks about different vitamins and
minerals and suggests what you can add and how much etc.  I use it quite
often as a reference.

Take heart though - it is always hard in the start and if you are like me
you will worry over everything - 'is it too much, is it too little' etc
etc... :-/  Let me tell you though, it does get easier as you go on and it
is easier than you think.  To my mind, you really don't need to have 'the
perfect measure' of everything you feed, as long as the diet basically
balances out as a whole and all the nutrients are there somewhere.  After
all, we don't have to eat a 'perfectly balanced meal' every time we eat, do
we? :-D

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au