Re: [PyrNet-L] the Barkster

There is a pyr at my breeders that barks in her sleep when she is
crated - yikes!
How old is Paddy? Has he just gone through one of those maturity
growth periods?
Mine are all crated in a long hallway and during the night I swear
they are having conversations..  # 1 woof, #2 woof, woof, # 1 woof,
woof, # 3 woof.  Then everyone settles and snoozes again.

On 19 Jul 99, at 10:01, PyrMom@aol.com wrote:

> Can any of you Pyr experts help me out with a really odd problem.  I have
> had Pyrs for over 10 years so am well acquainted with their propensity for
> barking.  All of my Pyrs have been known to just lay in their crates and
> "air bark" until told to knock it off and then they will lay quietly till
> the next round of barking.  Here is my dilemma:  Recently (within the last
> two or three months) Paddy has begun to bark **non-stop**.  He literally
> will bark for hours on end... and I mean h*o*u*r*s.  He lays on his chair,
> in his crate on the stairwell landing - any where - and barks at nothing.
> There is no one outside, nothing going on inside the house, just his
> barking!  It is particularly noticible at night.
>
> Can anyone give me some hints at what he is doing and why?  How do I
> correct the behavior?  Yes, he stops momentarily when I reprimand him
> verbally but then starts up again as soon as my back is turned.
>
> We have not added or changed anything in the house.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts!

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico