[PyrNet-L] the Barkster

Can any of you Pyr experts help me out with a really odd problem.  I have had
Pyrs for over 10 years so am well acquainted with their propensity for
barking.  All of my Pyrs have been known to just lay in their crates and "air
bark" until told to knock it off and then they will lay quietly till the next
round of barking.  Here is my dilemma:  Recently (within the last two or
three months) Paddy has begun to bark **non-stop**.  He literally will bark
for hours on end... and I mean h*o*u*r*s.  He lays on his chair, in his crate
on the stairwell landing - any where - and barks at nothing.  There is no one
outside, nothing going on inside the house, just his barking!  It is
particularly noticible at night.

Can anyone give me some hints at what he is doing and why?  How do I correct
the behavior?  Yes, he stops momentarily when I reprimand him verbally but
then starts up again as soon as my back is turned.

We have not added or changed anything in the house.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Stephanie and Paddy (hey, I just like to bark)
pyrmom@aol.com