Re: [PyrNet-L] the Barkster

On 19 Jul 99, at 12:10, Dancingpyr@aol.com wrote:

>  I've noticed when we let Kes out first thing she does is
> run to the corner of the yard closest to the neighbors and starts to bark.
>  There's no one there - it's as though she justs wants to announce to the
> world "Good morning!  I'm here!!!".  Guess our neighbors are either use to
> this - or deaf :-)

Mine all do that every morning and evening. That's why they are not
let outside before 7 AM.  They do want to tell the world that they
are on duty.  The rest of the day they are pretty quiet.  All except
for today, the dog next door is upset about something, and mine are
all lurking at the fence and helping out. But it's almost time to
come in for their afternoon naps, while I return to work.
Most pyrs do have a barking pattern and thankfully I don't have a non-
stopper.  That's why I was wondering if Paddy had just passed one of
the milestone growth periods. My male always tended to over react for
a while, once the thought he was all grown up. <ha>  There could also
be something only he is hearing that has him upset. Or some change in
the neighborhood. I find it odd that if he had been quiet before and
now has started non-stop barking.  A change in something has
occurred, routine, construction near by.  ??  Anyone else have ideas?

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico