[PyrNet-L] wondering

How many Pyreneans are in the situation where they are highly obedience
trained and receptive to every command you may wish to give them?  I think
the answer would be very few as compared to the Border Collie.  The Pyrenean
(and you have to own and breed them to understand them) has a mind of it's
own and it's "when I'm ready" that we have all learned to live with and to
tolerate.  I fail to understand how these so called "experts" can rank a
Breed like ours at the lower end of the scale when they know nothing about
our Breed and possibly have taken their information from other mis-directed
experts.  I have never classed a Pyrenean as "thick".  Cunning yes but not
thick.  They think things through first before responding and isn't that
what we like in our Breed?  I would not wish to own a Breed who responded to
any situation automatically without thinking, "Now what shall I do here"? A
Pyrenean who will fly off the handle at another Breed who "looks the wrong
way at him" is not what we want. We want a Pyr who will size up the
situation and wonder if it's worth responding to.  We want a Pyr like the
ones in Norway who reacted to the Bears as would have their forefathers, not
a dog who ripped the innards out of the Bear on sight. We do not need any so
called experts to tell us how our Pyrs should react, we know!! And if we see
our Breed at the bottom end of any scale on intelligence then we should
ignore it, we know better.
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/ and the site of the PMDC at
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/