[PyrNet-L] CHAT, EVENTS: My first BP experience

In a message dated 7/18/99 7:53:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, PYRGRL1@aol.com
writes:

<< It was a GREAT time!!  I went solely as a "groupie" again this year but it
 was such a fun time-I hated to leave today!  >>

   Then I guess I was a groupie-in-training!!  Steph and I roomed together.
We had been chatting and writing for ages and it was great to finally meet!!
Next we have got to have these two dogs, Albert & Sammi meet!!  We both
showed up without our dogs, but with lots of photos of them.  I was already
missing Albert something awful when I arrived at the motel Thursday night and
started taking things inside when I had to delay a bit when I saw someone
walking 2 Pyrs!!  I said I was badly in need of a Pyr hug or 2!!  I offered
to help the owner walk her dogs and we did and then afterwards walked 2 more
of her Pyrs!!  Then met someone else at the motel with another Pyr!!  The
motel was full of dog show dogs of all kinds!!
   Friday I went to the Brush Prairie show and you cannot believe the
wonderful sight that sea of white was at "ringside"!!  I really enjoyed it
all!  Was so anxious to meet some list members and their Pyrs.  It wasn't
long!  Met a lot of wonderful people and Pyrs and lots of other dogs as
well!!  They were all great at making a newcomer feel welcome, even though my
Albert isn't a showdog.  Proud mama that I am I was showing them photos of
Albert.  (Couldn't bring him, as dogs that are not registered to compete at
the dog show are not allowed.)  That evening was our banquet and auction and
the food cooked by the guys was great and the auction was fun and
good-natured. There are lots of great items for sale at the booths, as well.
I came away with my arms full and pockets empty, but happy at the treasures I
found there - both the items purchased and the friendships made!!!
   Saturday was our Brunch and again the guys did a great job cooking it all.
 Then more dog shows.  I also watched some Pyrs being groomed for the show.
One was Calvin that did so well!!  And found it fascinating that the groomer
did not use a blower on him then!!  And have been told so many times that you
just HAVE to use a blower if you have a Pyr.  He looked great without the
blower!!  Then that night was our Potluck dinner.
   Sunday my Hubby George and 12 yr. old son Mark joined me there.  After the
Pyr shows we wondered around and saw all the other dog breeds there and then
watched the Group shows: Toy, Terrier, Hound, Working Dogs (OURS!!),
Sporting, Non-Sporting, Herding...I think that is all of them!  My son
thought the Komondors and Pulis -that look like mops with heads and feet -
were funny!!  That was my day to visit other dog owners of other dog breeds I
fancy. Then we had the Pyr Peoples' Pizza Party!!  Then it was time for us to
leave.
   I really enjoyed meeting everyone!!  Pyrs and People!!  It is great to
finally put faces to some of the list members names, too!  And what a treat
it was to meet Ian Spencer Brown and his wife Wendy!!!  Such delightful
people!!  And to finally hear the REAL STORY on that Barry character!!
VBG!!  (Just kidding, Barry!!  Ian plied me with Scotch to get me to say
that!! )

:)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

See Albert's photo at:
http://www.sonic.net/~cdlcruz/pyr-l/pyrlpix3.htm#Albert

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com