Re: [PyrNet-L] Lexi,Breed, showing & me

Our local shelter will S/N as early as they get the animals, even if that's
before 8 weeks.  Our kitten was 5 weeks old.  I was concerned about it and
talked to our vet before taking her home from the shelter.  I was told that a
vet will normally wait, but that shelters all over the country have been doing
very early S/N for over a decade with no reported problems and that the risk is
no higher than surgery at the normally recommended age.

Kris