Re: [[Re: [PyrNet-L] Zeke is Home!]/Dew claws]

Barb Bowes, Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy wrote:.

> Most Pyrs are not too good about having their nails cut. At the least
> he will probably try to pull away (especially since he's had no nail
> cutting done) at most he will only hopefully scream and cry like
> you're killing him and throw himself about (my Bo does this)! It takes
> 2 Vet Techs and me holding Bo down while the Vet does the cutting!!!
> <vbg> Anyway, proceed with caution as you do not know how he will
> react. With my one bitch, my Son rubs her belly and I clip away at the
> nails. She's no problem at all! The boys can be such big babies for
> such simple little things

Funny, my pyr Molly is no problem cutting nails and trimming feet, as a
matter of fact her feet are very ticklish.  Now, cleaning her ears is a
completely different story.  All I have to do is reach for the tissue and
she is gone like a bolt.  At the vets, she scrunches herself up under the
chair in the exam room-- talk about shape shifting--- as soon as the vet
reaches for the otoscope.
     NOw, Bosco, the 16 mo Newfie/shep puppy monster, is a different
story.  It takes 3 to hold him to clip his nails, plus a muzzle.  He also
is muzzled when it is shot time at the vets, yet welcomes with kisses any
other  exam.  Just as these two dogs are black and white, so are they in
temperment and habits.

Nancy
Ever try walking two dogs on a beach on a coupler when one loves the water
and the other, the pyr, cant get far enough away from it.  What a sight.