Re: [PyrNet-L] Zeke is home/ Dewclaws

On 3 Sep 99, at 7:52, Barb Bowes, Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy wrote:

> Once he's on the stainless steel
> grooming table on his side, with me holding the underside front leg and
> lying on his neck, one of the other Techs holding the underside rear leg
> lying on his butt and a Tech in the middle, we manage to get it done! With
> much screaming and fighting! He's quite dramatic! <vbg>

I have a friend with a GSD that is exactly the same way, one would
think he was being killed.  Guess I'm lucky that my boy saw the
light.  It did take several sessions with a training collar and firm
corrections when he reacted.  Now we just stand him on the floor and
trim away, oh, with a reminder once or twice to hold still.  I am
pretty firm with him about many things and he is a good boy.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico