Re: [PyrNet-L] Zeke is Home! - now bacterial shampoo

On 3 Sep 99, at 7:47, Dancingpyr@aol.com wrote:

> Would think the antibacterial properties of the
> washing up liquid would be beneficial in clearing up any bacterial
> infection on the skin.  Anyone else have a thought on this?

Researchers now think that the wide use of antibacterial soaps is
contributing to drug resistant strains of bacteria and infections in
humans.  I'm sure this will carry over into the animal world in the
future.  Sorry I did not save that article.  There was a segment on
GMA on washing hands.  Plain water gets rid of most all bacteria,
plain soap and hot water all.  The antibacterial soaps are really not
needed.  I would think it would be the same for animals??

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico