Re: [PyrNet-L] Zeke is home/ Dewclaws

Judith, I sure wish this would work with Bo. we did everything right
with him as far as the nails go. Touched his feet all the time as a
pup, pretended to cut nails, etc. Was only cut too short one time on
one nail and he was about 2 years then. As a matter of fact that was
the only time he ever behaved! (after we cut the one too short) He's
flipped  the grooming table over twice on top of himself! We used
tranquilizers. He was so groggy he could barely walk but managed to
lift up and walk away with my 240 lb. husband! Since the husband is no
longer around I've opted for the Vet. Once he's on the stainless steel
grooming table on his side, with me holding the underside front leg
and lying on his neck, one of the other Techs holding the underside
rear leg lying on his butt and a Tech in the middle, we manage to get
it done! With much screaming and fighting! He's quite dramatic! <vbg>

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep
bamb@monmouth.com