Re: [PyrNet-L] BEHAVIOR, CHAT: Invisible fencing experiences needed

In a message dated 9/6/99 6:54:01 PM EST, Motozuki900@aol.com writes:

<< Whenever Cid
 went to the boundaries, he got zapped. But when that dog ran by, Cid decided
 he'd had enough and went right through it. >>

Another consideration on invisible fencing, is that while your dog may stay
inside the boundry (not necessarily a pyr mind you), it doesn't prohibit all
the neighbor's dogs, or sundry strays, from coming in the yard.  Not only
could these dogs bully your dog, but if they are strays, or owned by people
who don't really care, could be the carriers of wonder diseases such as
parvo, mange, or at worse, rabies.  For this reason too, I prefer my 4' board
and anti-climb wire fence - not some invisible fence.

Just my 2c worth....Robyn, with Zoe, Kes and Tanuki who know very well what
the fence means, and Baron who has NO respect for it :-)