Re: [Re: [PyrNet-L] Zeke Update]

<< I still put Zeke in the bedroom when someone visits because it is Guilty's
job
 to great them and Zeke gets soooo excited when someone comes over and Guilty
 does not care for that. I know it will trigger a spat. >>

We have similar problems with our pyrs.  This past Monday, we had the
"mother's" over for a BBQ.  My Mother arrived and she and I were sitting in
the living room - Baron was curled up on the couch between us with his head
in Mother's lap.  David arrive shortly afterwards with his Mum and Zoe.
Although Zoe and Baron have lived together for over a year now, when Zoe came
over to the couch, I could hear Baron giving this low warning grunt (can't
even call it a growl). It's just his way of saying "This is MY person - don't
even THINK about coming near us!"

Also, Kes, on the other hand, is generally an easy going pyr, UNTIL it comes
to guarding her territory.  When she is on alert, none of the other pyrs
better get in her way.  This past weekend one of our neighbors was out
walking his pomeranian, and Kes was tearing through the yard barking at them.
 Baron ran up beside her to join in, and she whirled around barking at HIM
and throwing her body at him, as if to say "Stay away - this is MY job, and I
have it all under control!"  At this point, Baron moves away - he knows who
the "alpha" dog is around our house :-)

Robyn