[PyrNet-L] Hurricane Floyd

Thinking of you all in the areas affected by Hurricane Floyd. A case of
battening down the hatches I guess.  In naval terms please think of me as my
youngest daughter leaves New Zealand on Friday for East Timor on the HMS
Canterbury . I guess I knew 5 years ago when I signed the papers that she
may have to go somewhere on active service but who would think the wee girl
you potty trained when you toilet trained a Pyr puppy at the same time( I
don't recall who was first but what an evil pair they were!!) would be going
into what may be a war zone. One  thing has come out of the APEC Conference
in New Zealand, the resuming of the armed forces exercises with the USA,Aust
and NZ so great so see the ANZUS Pact reformed, we called it the ANUS Pact
when NZ withdrew some  years ago!! A bit of light relief to take my mind off
my little Megan who only made one request of me last time she was on leave,
"Please keep Arthur (he's 10) safe until I come home again." I'll do my best
and hope you all keep safe with Floyd on the way.Megan arrives in Auckland
from Sydney tonight so hope I can at least talk to her before she goes away
again.  By the way, Bill Clinton thinks New Zealand is just wonderful and so
do we here!! The last unspoiled place on earth?
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and the site of the PMDC at
http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans/ and my latest Site
http://homepages.msn.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/