[PyrNet-L] HEALTH: Zeke & Panacur

Hi Robert,
Have enjoyed all your posts.   Wish there were lots more Rescue homes like
you and yours.    If you're giving the panacur in liquid form, I always add
vanilla extract to it.  The vanilla extract makes the panacur more
palatable to the Pyrs and they struggle less, spit out less plus you don't
have to corner them everytime to give them their treatment.   If you don't
get a chance to add the vanilla extract this time around, remember to use
it next month when you reworm.    If you're administering the panacur in
powder form, you can mix it into raw hamberger and then make it into
meatballs and stuff them down their throats.   This again makes it easier
and the Pyrs don't seem to mind that you're shoving a yummy meatballs down
their throat.   You should make the meatballs Swedish meatball size and not
golfball or bigger no matter how tempted you get.    Besides being easy to
choke on, some Pyrs will barf them right back up if you make the meatballs
too large.     They're not really cazy about it, but they accept it.   I'm
always afraid if I just let them eat the meatball, they'll discover the
panacur granules and won't eat anymore or let me shove the meatballs down
their throats without a struggle.    It's not so tiring strugglling with
just one or two Pyrs but if you've got three or more it can get quite
exhausting.   It does for me, anyway.    Given a choice between granules
and liquid--I opt for the liquid everytime.    I hope this is of help to
you--of course, if you're doing fine without doing any of my suggestions,
you don't really need to do any of the above.    My Pyrs have always made
it a practice to make worming as difficult as they can for me, so I have
always had to resort to such subterfuges.    BTW, you were really quite
lucky to get the positive fecal tests.   A negative test result doesn't
always mean there are no intestinal parasites--just that no eggs were in
the feces at that particular time.    But, you're a pretty well-informed
fella and probably knew that.    Again, I've enjoyed reading all your
posts.    I'm really quite interested how well Zeke and Guilty continue to
get along.
Happy Trails,
Jean F-V
W.PA.