Re: [PyrNet-L] Introductions are necessary...

Neil, Welcome, hope you will enjoy the list!

Drool...yup...but at least they are not as bad as some breeds!  You do
have to keep a towel handy.  I get more annoyed with mine goobering each
other up , than catching the drips.  I find myself having towels on the
end tables ( real decorative accents! ), so I always have something
handy.  In my case the male is worse than the girls, most of the time.

I give you credit to do a Mal. and a Pyr. in your home.  And a "Boo-Hiss"
to your friend who thinks it is ok to dump dogs, using children as an
excuse.  You may want to have him neutered too, like your Mal. for
greater peace , and peace of mind.  So far it sounds like they are doing
well, but he is not mature yet.  You should have two good looking dogs
there, and I am sure will be very proud of them.  Mals. are so good
natured, I am sure it helps.  The dog body heat alone should cut your
utility bills in the winter. <vbg>!

How does he look to your eye and hand, weight & rib feel wise.  How tall
is he currently?  How were they feeding him before?  Once he is more
mature, I think it is fine to free feed, as long as you watch his weight
and structure.

I will leave the AKC to the others.  Now that everything can be done by
computer, they can tell you more.  I only have E-Mail.  But AKC certainly
will be able to get you the info. even if you had to do snail-mail.  Just
so much better now with the computer.

Enjoy your new boy, this is a wonderful breed, I can't say enough, and
I've only had my four for 16 mo.  You do know to be careful about fencing
( they like to wander ), and they do bark!  But they have so much love to
give, smiles, winks, and....the Pyr. paw!
Enjoy, and again, welcome!  :-)  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas