Re: [PyrNet-L] Zeke's Continuous Barking!!!

<< HELP!  HE'S BARKING AND HE WON'T SHUT UP!  At all hours of the night, if
 the wind blows, if the grass moves, just barks at everything.  This is
 ok during daylight hours and we are not sleeping; however, at 2, 3, 4
 and 5 a.m. this is a problem.  No one is getting any sleep >>

Could this be because he's feeling better, getting more confidence, and
generally happy????

Our Kes is the barker in our household.  When she first started, our trainer
suggested keeping her in the bedroom with us at night.  Seems she was at the
age where she realised that if she barked, we would come out and check on
her, and this meant getting attention!  Well, this worked - to a point.  But
as soon as she heard ANY noise outside, she was on alert and barking.  Some
nights I'd sit up straight in bed - spooked out of a dead sleep by her bark!
So, on to stage 2.  We set up a crate in the opposite end of the house, and
put her in it at night.  FIgured this would confine her to that area, and at
least she's not running all over the house barking.  Well, that didn't work
either.  She still barked, and even with two doors shut, she was still loud!
After several nights of interrupted sleep, we decided on not having her in
the house at all.  Instead, she's out in the dog kennel that is attached to
our smaller barn.  Sure, she still barks, but atleast it's not keeping us
awake at nights - as much :-).

Robyn - who lives in the country, a good distance away from neighbors.