Re: [PyrNet-L] Zeke is safe with us.....

ROBERT STABILE wrote:

> I hope no one is concerned about Zeke and us as his new family... He is NO
> DANGER of becoming a rescue by any means... He is like one of my own Kids. If
> one of my kids gets ruley I handle the situation.. Same as I will with Zeke.
> But any advice would be welcomed...

For the first 6 months that I had Willow, she hardly made a sound...once she found
her voice...she made it her duty to be the "loud mouth" of the clan! She doesn't
bark at night; however...hmmmm...I do know that she gets tons of play and exercise
during the day, so she's quite tired come evening.

> He is an inside dog.. After what he has
> been through I would never put him outside again. When he barks I do get up
> and investigate. So does Guilty.

Tony (GSD) used to go see what Willow was barking at and about but now he only
checks things out briefly and then leaves her to do the noise making...that is,
unless there is something really serious amiss then he will join in the chorus!

> I praise him.... He hears and see's things I
> can't. Guilty only barks if there is reason he does not even get concerned
> over Zeke's barking anymore.... I think Zeke barks just for the sake of
> hearing himself.

I know that there are much more ex-pyr-ienced folks on this list but I do remember
reading in one of my Pyr books that they bark at night to let predators know that
they are "on guard" and "on their toes". Zeke is doing what he was bred to do...to
protect and to guard...God love him...he finally has a family worthy of his
loyalty...you just have to get a photo scanned of him and let all of us see!!!

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, spaniel busy body,
Tony III, GSD protector & Willow, my guardian & Princess.

To a dog..."If there is no God for thee,
then there is no God for me."  A.H. Branch

My puppers: http://www.30below.com/~innerpuppie/puppers
Tony II @ the Bridge: http://www.bargraph.com/tony