[PyrNet-L] CHAT, EVENTS: I'm Back from Melbourne Royal :-)

Well, here I am back home, rather tired from a very busy week in Melbourne.
A great week catching up with friends and lots of fun seeing more than one
or two Pyrs at a show. :-)

I drove down to Melbourne last Sunday (about 7 hours) and actually managed
to brave the city traffic without much bother to get down to Tania's place
(why the main through roads to the other side of Melbourne have to go right
through the centre of the city I don't know! :-/).  Was great to see her and
all her dogs.  Spent Monday grooming (and grooming , and grooming, and
grooming....) preparing Tania's hoard for Judging the next day.  Up very
early Tuesday for the trip into the city.

Met up with Vivienne James (Milou's breeder) in the carpark and was given
'my dog' Benson (Cookala Rich Harvest) who I was to handle, for a quick 'get
to know you' session.  Benson was handled by Ron here, so I was honoured to
have been asked to handle him.  Viv also had a couple of youngster's
entered, including Milou's litter sister 'Odette', who is an absolute
sweetie and spent all day begging passers by to pat her!

Was great to see everyone there - Entry was not as good as some past years
through. Total entry was 28 (32 + 4 absentees).  Judge was Mr Fernando da
Costa Maia from Brazil.

Before I give you the results - a tiny brag.  I managed to handle Benson to
second in the open dog class :-)  Was a big class so I am rather proud, as
this is the first time we had 'paired up', so to speak.

Results were:

Best of Breed: Aust Ch Darmour Prince Pavarotti (Murray)
Runner Up Best of Breed: Cyrus Morning Glory (Scott, Br Sergi)

Dog Challenge: Aust Ch Darmour Prince Pavarotti (Murray)
Reserve Dog Challenge: Cadiz Will O the Wisp (Mueller, Br Faint)

Bitch Challenge: Cyrus Morning Glory (Scott, Br Sergi)
Reserve Bitch Challenge: Aust Ch Winterbourne Arctic Miss (Winterbourne
Knls)

Class placings:

Puppy Dog:                1. Darmour Serious Stuff (Murray)

Junior Dog:                1. Cadiz Will O The Wisp (Mueller, Br Faint)
                                    2. Calamura Bascos Legend (Martin, Br
Carter)
                                    3. Louvois Toulouis (Clarke)

Intermediate Dog:    1. Louvois Mirage (Clarke)
                                   2. Darmour Phantom Ofthe Opera (Murray)
                                   3. Aust Ch Barreges Duc Dorleans
(James/Kirkland, Br James)

Open Dog:                1. Aust Ch Darmour Prince Pavarotti (Murray)
                                   2. Cookala Rich Harvest (imp UK) (James,
Br Cook)
                                   3. Aust Ch Chalaronne Polaire Ours
(Kirkland)

Minor Puppy Bitch:   1. Barreges Manou Madelaine (James)

Puppy Bitch:              1. Euzkadi Hielo Astro (Toose/Askill, Br Martin)
                                    2. Barreges Odette (James)
                                    3. Darmour Flying High (Murray)

Junior Bitch:               1. Cyrus Morning Glory (Scott, Br Sergi)
                                    2. Cyrus Lady Madonna (Sergi)

Intermediate Bitch:    1. Andorra Tupence Cumupenc (Van Eck)

Open Bitch:                1. Aust Ch Winterbourne Arctic Miss (Winterbourne
Knls)
                                    2. Aust Ch Barreges Angelique
(James/Kirkland, Br James)
                                    3. Aust Ch Cadiz Sultans Wish (Carter,
Br English)

Wednesday was a rest day for me (thank goodness!) - spent lazing round the
house with the dogs (mine had come down to Melbourne with me, so they
enjoyed a day asleep in front of the TV too).  And then on Thursday Tania
and I drove up to Vivienne's to visit with her and her dogs.  Took lots of
photo's of Milou with her litter brother and sister (they had great fun
playing) which I hope at some point will go up on my webpage :-/.  Checked
out the goats too - am thinking of adding a little lawnmower to my

Friday (today), I drove back home.  Phew! :-)  And here I am Friday night,
not relishing the thought that in a few minutes I have to bath 'the little
spotted one' Cookie and groom Milou ready for an early start for a show
tomorrow!!  Am I a glutton for punishment or what! :-/

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au
visit my webpage at http://members.dynamite.com.au/espinay/index.htm