[PyrNet-L] Chat, Rescue: This gave me chills...

NOT AN ANGEL

The young pup and the older dog lay on shaded sweet grass
watching the
reunions.  Sometimes a man, sometimes a woman, sometimes a whole
family would
approach the Rainbow Bridge, be greeted by their loving pets and
cross the
bridge together.

The young pup playfully nipped at the older one.  "Look!
Something wonderful
is happening!"  The older dog stood up and barked, "Quickly.  Get
over to the
path."

"But that's not my owner," whined the pup, but he did as he was
told.
Thousands of pets surged forward as a figure in white walked on
the path
toward the bridge.  After the glowing figure passed each animal,
that animal
bowed it's head in love and respect.  The figure finally
approached the
bridge, and was met by a menagerie of joyous animals.  Together,
they all
walked over the bridge and disappeared.

The young pup was still in awe.  "Was that an angel?" he
whispered.

"No, son."  The older dog replied.  "That was more than an
angel.  That was a
person who worked rescue."

- Lynda Foley and Annika

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, spaniel busy body,
Tony III, GSD protector & Willow, Pyrenean princess.

To a dog..."If there is no God for thee,
then there is no God for me."  A.H. Branch

My puppers: http://www.30below.com/~innerpuppie/puppers
Tony II @ the Bridge: http://www.bargraph.com/tony