Re: [PyrNet-L] Dog Parks for Guilty & Zeke/ Found a few!

Hello Kris,

I hit the net search engine today and found a great link. There are several
beaches and a park or two in our area. I will be going to check them out in
the next week or two.

Hillsborough County: (Tampa area)

Dogs are allowed along the Courtney Campbell Causeway.

Fort DeSoto Park: (St Petersburg - Pinellas County)

A very nice park for dogs in Pinellas County is Fort DeSoto Park. A portion
of the Beach is designated for Dogs. The Park is located in South St.
Petersburg at Pinellas Bayway. Entrance fee is 35 cents and it is a county
park. The park is very scenic and offers lots of recreation. Dog owners are
required to clean up after their dogs.

Gandy Beach: (St Petersburg - Pinellas County)

Another place in (Mid) Pinellas county is off Gandy Boulevard at Gandy
Beach, unfortunately poeple there don't clean up after their pets as
frequently as in Ft. DeSoto or Honeymoon Island.

Beer Can Beach: (Tampa)
This one sounds great!!!

A small inlet at the end of Davis Islands (locally known as Beer Can Beach)
in Tampa, FL allows dogs on the beach and in the water off leash. The spot
is popular with dog lovers on the weekends and every night around sunset.
Great Frisbee dogs and very cool people abound. The beach is small and not
that terrific,but the laid back, friendly atmosphere more than makes up for
it...only go if you are a true dog lover ....the dogs rule the
beach!!!!!!!!!

Name Unknown: (Tampa)

We have found a great beach for dogs in Tampa. We do not know the name of it
but it is located at the south end of Cypress Street. It is a park that is
located on the bay.

Kris I also found these in Treasure Island.. That is pretty close to us as
well.

Lorelei Resort: (Treasure Island)

The Lorelei Resort in Treasure Island,FL. is extremely dog friendly. Fenced
in area so dogs could play freely. Actually, it's animal friendly, there was
even a pet pig who the dogs had no problem with.

Sunset Beach: (Treasure Island)

Sunset Beach by the Lorelei Resort allows dogs.

I hope this helps you Kris.
Email me privately maybe if we are close we can go check out some of these
places together.

Robb & Lea Stabile