[PyrNet-L] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.19991002

On the subject of prednisone...

I had a very good friend who was having some serious problems as he aged
(he died at 64 yrs of age a few years back) The doctors has put him on
prednisone for a lengthy time to relieve the symptoms of emphysema. A
drawback of this medication was that he used it for too long and caused his
bones to become brittle and gave him liver and kidney problems. He actually
got to the point of breaking a rib as he coughed and became jaundiced.
Please check with your vet and doctors respectively before accepting any
long term plan calling for the use of prednisone. From what I have seen and
heard it is used too widely for way too long.