Re: [PyrNet-L]

Welcome, Allison--lots of great advice, wonderful stories etc. on this
list.
And welcome to your new puppy and the incredible world of pyr
companionship. I'd be willing to bet that from this time on, there'll
always be a pyr in your life.
I'd just echo what others have said: be prepared for the barking, the urge
to explore vast territories, the advent of selective hearing, the
independence linked with great intelligence, the moist eyes when you
notice yet another cute position, loving gaze, etc. that makes you wonder
anew at how you got so lucky!  I'd also look for a puppy kindergarten
class, and check it out by visiting a class to make sure that you're
comfortable with the training methods used--gentleness and praise rather
than force and punishment. Make sure that you start early with regular
gentle brushing and handling her feet--won't guarantee that she'll like
having her nails clipped, but it will help!
Look forward to hearing many more stories about your adventures.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose