[PyrNet-L] Rescue/Chat: Pyr Picnic

Hello Everyone,

Well we went to the Pyr picnic and it was alot of fun. We met some wonderful
people and dogs too. There were a few skirmishes but nothing to get excited
about. (dogs will be dogs!) Guilty was invited and we reluctently brought I
was very PROUD of him. He got into one skirmish no big deal. He did not even
start it I might add. The owner of the other dog apologized several times and
we told no big deal nobody got damaged.

Zeke had the time of his life and at one point took center stage. During the
meeting of the board Zeke and two other Pyrs got in front of the board members
and started doing what male dogs do best. (LOL) Zeke was GREAT!!!! I was able
to meet some wonderful people as well as I mentioned before. I would like to
say that Nancy Huggard and Scott Cook are two of the FINEST dog people I have
EVER met!!!! They truly LOVE all dogs!! Pyr and NON-PYR.. I would like to say.

There are so many Pyrs in need of rescue and there is so much involved with
rescue: Money, Time, Travel, Medical, and the list goes on. I said it before
and I will say it again.

Ask yourself these questions.
Do you blow $ 20.00 dollars a month on nothing?
Donate $ 5.00 bucks a month to Pyr rescue!!!!

Do you take a nap on the weekends?
Offer some time to transport a Pyr in need.

Would you be able to foster a Pyr for a weekend of longer? Is it not possible
because it is an inconvenience? Think of how some of these big boys are
thought of already as an inconvenience!

All I am saying is there IS something YOU can do to HELP. Don't just sit down
and say boy that is so sad. DO something to help. Anything! Offer to buy food
for a fostered PYR. Or pay for his vet.Maybe you can't take on in but there
are so many ways to help!!! Pick up the phone!!! Maybe you can get some people
in your area to donate some time on the weekend and have a car wash! It would
be fun and rewarding to you and mostly it would benefit the Pyrs in need. I am
hearing more and more about how BAD this problem is getting. HELP HELP
HELP!!!!!!!

Robert Stabile