Re: [PyrNet-L] Slow list? How about a Zeke update?

Doug, you make a wonderful point.  People do  ( mostly ) know better than
to have their dogs running loose in the city.  The line that I always get
is " I didn't move to the country to have my dog confined ".  Aside from
the very obvious risk to the dog of running loose, why do these people
think they are the only ones who have animals?  As I have said, I have a
eyeless mare, and lots of dead chickens ( even with them being in a pen
that is confined top and sides!) Did not my animals matter secured on
their own property?  I am terrified for my dogs in the event of a rare
accidental escape.  And darn if something wouldn't happen to mine.  These
people stand in your face and rant, if you ask them nicely to confine
their dogs?  I've even had people threaten to come on my property and
kill my animals, if anything happens to their dogs!  What kind of a
mentality is that?

In this latest incident I explained to the fellow that while my dogs are
tolerant of his lab. attacks on the street, it is likely to be a far
different story if his dog should wander on my property and up to the
birds.  Granted a lab, should not be going after the birds to do harm,
but I don't think the Pyr. kids are going to tolerate any dog near their
birds, especially one they know under other, growling circumstances!  He
was still going on about his dog, anything but...." I'm so sorry and I
will try to correct it right away"!  These would have been the first
words out of my mouth if the situation was in reverse!  I think a lot of
it is, people don't want to be bothered, if you let your dog run, you
don't have to clean dog dirt.  You don't need to be sure they are
exercised, heck...you don't even have to know what they are doing!  I do
agree with you, as a breeder I can understand why your careful!  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka