Re: [PyrNet-L] No Particular Subject

I wrote the list about 6 weeks ago because I was concerned that we might have an aggresive puppy.  I received wonderful advice and followed it.  I don't think I realized just how different/special GPs are.

Neria is 4 months old now.  She finished puppy social skills class and won the prize for musical sit and 2nd overall in puppy olympics.  Both kids and I went to class with her.  The night she sat on her favorite friend in class, a minature poodle puppy, we laughed so hard.  It was probably the best family entertainment we could have possibly had.

Neria is SO smart.  We have taught her to sit, stay, down, shake, roll-over, and crawl.  She loves to do tricks and the treats that follow.  When we don't ask her for tricks she often does all of them to see what happens.  I don't have any ideas for new tricks, any suggestions?

She has truly become a part of the family.  She wakes the kids with licks in the morning, plays with the Sheltie, and greets the guinea pig as if he were her best friend and they could communicate.

I love to read the antics of the dogs on the list.  This breed is so special.  They think like toddlers: Fun, energetic, needing guidance, smart, curious, busy bodies, and so loving.  They are big fuzzies you can't help but laugh at, love, and delight in.  The thing that hit me last night when my 14 year old and I were sitting on the floor petting Neria and talking about her latest antics and just admiring her in general was that this is what it will be like for us someday when I am a Grandmother.  I mentioned to my daughter that in 10-15 years we would be doing the same thing with the grandkids.  She thought that was neat.  These dogs(all)bring such richness in so many ways into life.

Well, I guess I should forget the sentiment and just say, "These are the most special dogs I have ever encountered."  They are amazing.  Judi Swingen