[PyrNet-L] Mouthing

Hi,

  I'm new here.  I have a 9 month old pyr, Jake, and
and 9 week old, Caesar.  Does anyone have any
suggestions for discouraging mouthing in the 9 week
old?
   We didn't bring my first pyr, who we lost this
summer, home until 14 weeks and by then mouthing was
firmly established and it took months to break the
habit.  My 9 month old almost never did it.  It only
took about two corrections and he stopped.
   Caesar is much more deterimened but I don't want it
to take months to correct the problem like it did with
my first.  Those jaws get big in a hurry. <g>.
   So far we have been holding his jaws and saying no,
sharply or walking away and refusing to play.  Those
two techniques don't really help.   What have others
done to fix this problem?

                 Brandy

=====
"Bluebonnets" by Julia D. Booth
Offical Flower Song of the State of Texas
Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,