Re: [PyrNet-L] growth

Charlie, I have four 19 mo. old siblings.  We recently got a feed-store
type weight scale, and I have been monitoring mine closely for awhile as
their appetites increase with cooler Tex. temps.  All have been gaining
weight well.  At last check the three girls were all 92 lbs. and Ranger
was up to 110.  What I did not think about was growth, assuming by this
time there wouldn't be any.  One day as I made dinner I had all four of
them standing next to me checking out what I was doing and I noticed that
" darn they were getting up there ".  Sure enough after getting the tape
I found that Ranger was now up to 31" and the girls had all added an inch
to nearly 2".  So I would say that your girl will probably still keep
putting height on.  In fact I don't intend to count mine out now till a
full two years.  I would think that it would be slow, but in time you
will notice the jump.  Also if you Vet. thinks another run of Puppy chow
would be good, I would go with what he says.  I know a lot on the list
have gone to the getting off puppy food and slowing down the growth, so I
am sure you will hear that.  I have never found puppy food for the big
guys to be a problem, and raised Mastiffs before getting these four Pyrs.
 Glad to hear  Bella is doing better!  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka