Re: [PyrNet-L] chewing off fur

    If it is still itching her you may want to experiment with different
anti-itch powders, etc.  I suppose she could have mites, my girl had them
for a while without us really knowing what was wrong.  It looked like hot
spots, ear infections, etc.  She was on antibiotics and finally I took her
to a different vet who scraped some skin off one ear and viewed it under a
microscope, sure enough she had mites.  We don't even know how or where she
would've gotten them but we had to dip her and all our other dogs & sprinkle
Seven Dust all around where they (dogs) were.
    You may want to try going to another vet for a second opinion and skin
scraping.  Or if it is just a hot spot, maybe she/he can find different ways
to treat it.  Also, ask about products that can help dry it up.  These are
some suggestions, hope they help.  Good luck!

Chrissy
Rajah and Moses
West Union, WV
dsmith@iolinc.net