Re: [PyrNet-L] chewing off fur

Judith Stroh Miller wrote:
The first thing I think of is food allergy, then possibly a contact

> allergy depending on where the irritation is located on the dog. I
> have heard that corn or wheat are usually the cause of allergies.
> Sometimes it's the dye in dog foods also.  I have always had good
> luck with a natural Lamb and Rice food, no dyes, no BHA or BHT.

Hi Judith,
I usually recommend lamb & rice diet to people too.  However, several years ago
we put all our dogs on lamb and rice diet.  They really liked it, but after 6-8
months we realized that they were all quite thin and none had the coat they had
had before.  One day while sitting around the Vets waiting room, I got into a
conversation with a group of show people with other breeds.  They claimed that
none of their dogs had good coat on lamb and rice food.  They seemed to feel it
was because there was not enough fat.  Our dogs seem to do a lot better on a
chicken food and the allergic ones on a chicken and rice food.......and still I
continue to look for better foods....seems like no sooner do we find one we
like, when they change the formula.  Guess dogs can differ as much as people.
Charlotte