Re: [PyrNet-L] Bil-Jac

In a message dated 11/1/99 2:09:23 PM EST, williamson@platinum.com writes:

<< Just a warning -- after reading a Consumer Reports article that said the
 expensive dog foods (Iams, Science Diet, etc.) weren't any better (in fact,
 were worse) that Wal-Mart/Sam's Club brand Old Roy, >>

I have had several vets tell me the same thing.  Seems when dog food is
manufactured, as long as the percentages of protein, fat, fibre, etc, is met,
in the US it can have ANY of the ingredients that are listed on the bag.
Therefore, if the first thing listed is chicken, if pigs feet were cheaper,
pigs feet are the main ingredient.  According to my vet, you would have to
buy all the dog food from one processing to get dog food that is truly the
same.  So far our dogs haven't had any problems -- could it be that some
dogs, just like people, are more susceptible to food than others?

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, South Carolina