[PyrNet-L] tracking and search and rescue

  Hi,

    We started our 11 month old with search and
rescue, but decided against it.  The trainers really
didn't think he would do well.  They wanted him to get
very excited about working for a toy or treat.  They
had these labs and shepards out there who were
bouncing off the walls.
   Jake is just never going to behave that way.  He
knew what they wanted him to do, he just didn't get in
a big hurry about anything.  I pick my pyrs, for their
calm temperments.
   The group I worked with really didn't see pyrs as
search and rescue dogs, although, I've heard of others
using them.
     I think we are going to look into therapy dog
work for Jake.  It seems more suited to his 'teddy
bear' attitude.
               Brandy

=====
"Bluebonnets" by Julia D. Booth
Offical Flower Song of the State of Texas
Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,