Re: [PyrNet-L] Bil-Jac

On 1 Nov 99, at 19:01, Dancingpyr@aol.com wrote:

>  could
> it be that some dogs, just like people, are more susceptible to food than
> others?

I also find that it's not necessarily the food but what is used to
preserve the food.  Watch for BHA, BHT and Ethoxyquin.....not to
mention dyes in dog foods. Many times these are the ingredients that
cause dogs to react or not thrive on certain foods.  I work part time
at a boarding kennel and we see many dogs with hot spots, fatty
tumors and in general poor condition.  Some of these dogs are on high
quality dog food that is loaded with chemical preservatives.  Many
times when these dogs are switched to * naturally preserved foods,
these conditions clear up.  When evaluating a dog food not only the
nutritional ingredients should be evaluated, but the percentage of
protein, fat and type of preservatives and dyes should be considered.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico