Re: [PyrNet-L] shock collars and walking off lead

Well Doug, I agree with you wholeheartedly! However, by the same
token, people using other methods to train their dogs should not
necessarily be treated like pariahs because of using other accepted
methods. I basically kept quiet on this one as most everyone knows my
views as I have posted them before. I have never used a shock collar
or pinch collar and if have any say, I never will. Positive
reinforcement training as opposed to negative correction training
works with people too! <vbg> I know people who have used both the
aforementioned training techniques and their dogs are happy and well
adjusted. To each his own. As long as the dog is none the worse for
it, I see no problem. I will not, however, recommend either one as I
have also seen dogs injured using them. The fault lies in the
trainer/handler more than the method used.

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep
bamb@monmouth.com