Re: [PyrNet-L] shock collars and walking off lead

Ted, in our area there are few people who actually confine their dogs.
They all have the  " I moved to the country so my dog could run free "
attitude.  The other direction puts us in direct confrontation with three
Pit Bulls who also run loose, and are notorious for killing of small
dogs, P. B. Pigs etc.  No real help from animal control here either.  The
direction we walk is the lesser of the two evils.  Of course the obvious
thing is that you should be able to walk your dogs on lead, on any road,
without being harassed by loose dogs.  Never quite so simple.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka