Re: [PyrNet-L] shock collars and walking off lead

Jaime, I know of someone who's dog was attacked by two dogs of another
breed. She let her Pyr off lead to be able to defend himself and when
he was done doing so he ran off. Was killed by a car on a nearby
highway. Was she right in letting her dog off lead? In hindsight we
may say no, but the two dogs attacking him were good sized dogs. He
probably would have been seriously injured if kept on lead. Each
situation is different. We must evaluate each situation and make a
decision accordingly. With a little bit of luck all will turn out OK.
But, if everyone's dog were confined or on lead we would not be put in
a position to have to make this decision. Or at least it would be much
less frequent.

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep
bamb@monmouth.com