[PyrNet-L] cruciate ligament problem?

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if these symptoms are indicative of
cruciate ligament problem.We have appt. with vet next week but want to do
some homework before.

A couple months ago while walking, Sebastian (5yr. old male Pyr) stopped in
his tracks and would not budge.I didn't know what was happening so urged him
on then noticed him limping.Obviously I could not carry him so we sat down
for awhile while I frantically tried to figure how to get him home!!!After
about 10 minutes he got up and walked home with not a limp.He has been fine
until 2 days ago when he did this same thing with the same result.Then
yesterday he walked for 2 hours in the woods then came home, napped, then
when he stood up could not put weight on the left leg. Happened again today
after being at the park.After a few minutes of limping around he is fine.Some
one at the park mentioned their lab had an almost identical problem and has
been diagnosed with cruciate ligament tear and told that eventually it will
"tear out" and need surgery.Is this common with pyrs? Any other ideas? Thank
you all.   Jill