Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: pinch and electric collars

On 5 Nov 99, at 20:17, Tracy Bassett wrote:
> Any book by Karen Prior will also throw quite a bit of light on the
> subject. "Don't Shoot the Dog" is probably the best starting point.

"Don't Shoot the Dog" was updated this year, so 2nd ed is out
which I understand has a new chapter on clicker training.

I also think "The Culture Clash" by Jean Donaldson is good.  And
one I just picked up is good "How Dogs Learn" by Burch &
Bailey.....breaks the concepts down and explains them clearly......

Janice, janices@jump.net
Linsey (newf), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX