Re: [PyrNet-L] Shock collars and pinch

Debbie, if you read the letters you would find that the comment made was
that this was a last choice.  No one has pepper sprayed the dog, or hit
the dog.  The people had been talked to on several occasions, animal
control called out as well.  This is an ongoing problem.  I had said that
I did not like being put in this position at all, because I love animals.
 And my husband landed a kick, which was probably not his first choice
either, we both would have preferred to kick the lazy rude owners!   I am
not having problems with my own dogs ( I too have trained and put titles
on Mastiffs and Poodles etc. )
All of this said, I still am opposed to pinch and shock collars and
believe there are other methods to achieve the goal, and all more humane.

The same person who would abuse a choke collar can abuse a pinch collar
or a shock collar.   Everyone is still going use their own method, I
don't think that was ever in doubt, but the whole discussion started
because of the attitude that these methods just really worked great.  You
can hardly blame those who wouldn't use these items, for speaking their
piece.   Everyone gets their say, no one is upset by your letter.
Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas