[PyrNet-L] Kelly

Hi All, Debbie here, thought I would tell you the story of Kelly, and get all
of you to pray for her. Kelly, is a Pyr we found standing in the middle of
the highway. We brought Kelly home and exhausted all means of finding her
owner, vets, paper, rescue league, and ads in stores around us. After well
over a month, we decided to get Kelly a rabies shot and a heartworm test, as
she was likely to be staying with us. To our horror she had heartworm, all
ours have been and are on heartworm medication. The vet wanted us to out some
weight on her before treatment, being a grade 2, he thought we would have the
time. 2 days before treatment was to start, the owner of her finally called
feeling guilty. She said that she could not afford to keep her and had turned
her loose and then felt guilty about it (imagine that)! She said that she did
not want her back and couldn't afford to care for her. After some good advice
from another Pyr list I called the lady (REAL IFFY ON THAT ONE) back and told
her she would have to sign the Kelly over to us if we were going to treat
her. Imagine my surprise when we arrived at a $500,000.00 home and she
couldn't care for her. We treated Kelly and everything was going great and 3
weeks after treatment, she became toxic from the worms dying off, 105.6 temp
off and on for 4 days, in the hospital right away. It was touch and go for a
while, but she is back home and doing good. The prayers we need are for, she
has 1 more Ivermect treatment to go, we are taking her in next week for blood
work to see when we can go ahead and treat her. Please pray that when she has
the treatment, she does okay, right now she is a rack of bones again, but her
appetite is back and maybe that will end soon.Thankyou........Debbie