Re: [PyrNet-L] Dog Breeds.

> As we all know, not all dogs of the same breed are alike.  I have a
> Pembroke Corgi and I could have never asked for a more loyal dog.  However,
> I have seen other corgis who are aggressive.

Aggressiveness in Pem's is a problem - but it seems to be inherited - My
daughter's Pem is the sweetest thing on earth and so's her best bud,
another Corgi.

> In working at a vets office I have never seen or heard, until now, of an
> aggressive lab

They are out there - I've only seen one and it scared me at first - it's
not a breed you expect to be that way.

> Also, it is VERY important that children learn how to treat and respect a
> puppy.

This is the MOST important part - be it an adult dog or a puppy - the
kids must learn how to treat and respect the dog or puppy. I'm an either
or type person, but I do recomend that you "interview" the prospective
dog or puppy and I recomend a submissive one to start. I have seen a few
rescue's that would be or are good with kids. A rescue  with a known
background such as one where the people have no choice to give up the
dog because of moving and the like that has a reputation of being good
with children would work as would an older dog from a breeder(a puppy
they kept that didn't turn out to be what they were looking for, as an
example) would also work if the breeder was comfortable placing it with
children.

Lisa