Re: [PyrNet-L] Dog Breeds.

Cindi,

As we all know, not all dogs of the same breed are alike.  I have a
Pembroke Corgi and I could have never asked for a more loyal dog.  However,
I have seen other corgis who are aggressive.

In working at a vets office I have never seen or heard, until now, of an
aggressive lab; although I'm sure there could be just like there may be in
other breeds.  I have, however, seen hyper labs, but once again we have an
11 year old lab, and since day one she stays on the couch ALL DAY except
when we're eating :o}  She was the easiest dog of ours to train, has never
left our property and is sweet and trustworthy with any child.

Also, it is VERY important that children learn how to treat and respect a
puppy.

IMHO, I would recommend a puppy (since you have a 4 year old child) or an
older rescue dog who has  proven to be trustworthy and reliable with
children.  My strongest recommendation, if you get a puppy, is to evaluate
the temperament of the parents.  If you are happy with them, chances are
your puppy's temperament will be suitable for your needs.