Re: [PyrNet-L] Hurry up- it's cold......

Actually Robyn your right, and it is still used to this day.  Preferred
choice of gardeners trying to hold off on really hauling out the big guns
 ( chemicals ).  I understand it also has an aerating effect on the soil
which is beneficial, esp. in the Texas black-gumbo soil.  A bog in wet
weather, concrete in the heat!  I would think that the soaps back then
were less environmentally friendly than they are today.   Does your
Mother know what you just implied about her age??? TSK-TSK :-)  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka