Re: [PyrNet-L] Sniffing, detecting something bad.

    I believe you said on another post that your daughter is 20 years old,
well, I'm 21....married with one (human) daughter (many animal children).  I
don't want to be rude, but it seems to me your daughter should already be
able to see what a jerk this guy is.  I'm very defensive of my daughter, so
I perfectly understand if you don't take this well.  I don't mean it as a
criticism though.  If she has only ever known nice guys, I can see why she
would give him the benefit of the doubt.  But to be honest, if a guy ever
hit one of my dogs or any dog, he'd be lucky if he didn't end up in jail
some way or another.  It always worries me, when I think of my daughter
growing up, what might happen when I'm not around.  That's basically why I'm
teaching her now to "take up for herself".  If someone is violent to
animals, it's only a matter of time before they start on people (usually
children and women).
    My female Pyr (Rajah) lets me know what she thinks of people.  At first
I was worried because she didn't get much socialization as a pup since I was
so miserable in the heat of the extra hot summer while pregnant and then
busy with my brand new daughter.  It seemed that she didn't like many men at
all, except for my husband and his friends and family or my friends and
family.  Then, the more I took her out in public the more I realized she
loved all children, animals and several men.  She also let me know that she
didn't like all women, as I had thought before.  Her warnings are, after she
sniffs them she will watch that person carefully, if that particular person
approaches her or me, she will give a low rumble.  I then tell the person,
not to bother her as there is something she doesn't like and tell Rajah that
it's alright and to be good.  (Raj reaching the rumbling point has only
happened a time or two and never with children.)
    The one incidence I really remember is going to the vet and while
waiting we were amongst cats, children, women, men, other dogs, etc. and
Rajah was a perfect lady making friends with all.  After a while a certain
man walk through the door and immediately Raj was watching him, after
talking to the secretary he approached Rajah with his hand stretched out.
Rajah sniffed and wanted no part of him.  I let him know to leave her be
since she didn't like something.  He didn't listen and walk closer to us,
she rumbled and this idiot with his hand right in front of her nose made the
comment (while smiling) "She could take my hand off right now if she wanted
to."  I then told him NOT to corner her and to leave her alone.  When he
left, everyone sitting there started making comments about how there was
something about him she didn't like and how great she'd been with all of
them.  She of course went around to everyone else showing them she still
loved them.
    My point is, your Pyrs are right about this guy and him hitting one of
them only proves it more.  God help him if it had been Rajah, from both her
and me.
    If you think hearing this from someone her own age would help, please
let your daughter read this, I'm worried this jerk will start on her.

Kindest regards,
Sincerely,
Chrissy
Rajah and Moses