Fw: [PyrNet-L] giant breed?

At the risk of not being believed here goes any way.

Out Benson is 31 inches at shoulder. (measuered properly ) and he is a
genuine 85 kg. according to vets scale. He has been this weight almost since
we got him. He was 95 kg when we first brought him home. (4 yrs old approx)
Put him on a strict diet and he is not fat. He moves very rapidly when the
need arises. Does not get puffed on walks and can still jump all four feet
off the deck when excited. Has a clambering grace that needs to be seen to
be belived. He is not a light boned fluffy pyr but reasonably solid.
Probably not the best breeding in the world. What Is in his back ground is
NZ and English.  He is very gentle will not get upset at all except when
provoked to the umpteenth point. Then it is usually a rapid reprimand and
all settles down.  He has a a very expressive set of eyes, a wonderful self
cleaning coat. His winter moult (sp) is very quick and easy. no knots etc.

and he is excellent with any new animal. He knows exactly how to approach
with out causing upset.

He is also very good at accosting strangers who come in unannounced.   First
it is the charge up snif all over and then often stand up on them. There
have been quiet a few male aquantances that have died of fright. Never seems
to do it to female humans. Just sniffs.

There is a picture or there used to be one on the internet.  (Pyr-L's web
pages) If you want to have a look just put the following into the search
engine.

Liz Bracher's Benson   that seems to get it.

Regards

Liz (  Benson and Bella the Maremmar from down under)