Re: [PyrNet-L] Giant Breed?

Brandy, I am sure Joe will answer.  But please remember there are smaller
dogs doing the same work, in other breeds.  I had a paper ( wonderful)
sent to me by a generous member of the list ( with many kind offers to do
the same :-) ) on Pyrs. brought in to northern Norway, to handle a bear
situation.  I must admit, up until I read that paper I didn't realize
exactly how our Pyrs. work at handing large predators.  Yes they can
confront and take them on physically, but for the most part they just
work them out of their area.  Far more than pitting brute strength, these
dogs do have brains and know how to use them.  Bears are very intelligent
animals, so it takes a dog with a great brain to keep ahead of them.

While I too like big, that alone is not the criteria for handling
predators.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas