Re: [PyrNet-L] bathing pup

<< Is there any reason why I can't give Leo (7 weeks--has had first pup
checkup
 and shots/worming) a first bath? He smells pretty yukky ;-)

Not at all!  Bathing is something that you'll want to have Leo learn at an
early age is something that won't hurt him.

Until you have Leo's complete set of shots, I would advise against taking him
out in public, unless you carry him.  When we got our first pyrs as pups,
they stayed inside until they had their full sets of shots.  At that time,
our yard hadn't been fenced, and the neighbor's dogs (the goofy Irish setter
in particular) would take "country cut" through our yard, often times using
it as their bathroom (yes, this was one of the reasons why we had the yard
fenced).  While these dogs didn't appear sick, we were told that parvo can
remain in the soil for years after an infected dog had been through the area.
 So we didn't take any chances.  Parvo was the last thing we wanted our
precious pups to have to experience.

Good luck with Leo!
Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com