Re: [PyrNet-L] Giant Breed?

<< Did the
 Estat brothers look as good in real life as they do in the lovely picture on
 my wall? A most handsome pair.  The max weight for a healthy adult dog?
 Maybe more important is "can I still feel the ribs and backbone when my dog
 is in full coat". If the answer is yes then that's healthy.  If the answer
 is no, then the dog is overweight and that is not healthy >>

Interesting that you mention the Estat brothers, as our Tanuki looks very
similar to them, although I don't think he goes back to their lines.

Also, you mentioned feeling the ribs and backbone when dog in full coat.  I'm
glad to hear this, as I'm concerned that our one male isn't eating enough.
You can feel the backbone and ribs -- not in an emacinated way, but they can
be felt.  We don't "make" him eat, but try to give him extra goodies.
However, right now he has too much on his mind (or is it other parts), as Kes
is in heat.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, South Carolina