[PyrNet-L] Chat border collie shot

Anne, I gave the story about the GP being shot to show how inappropriate I thought both actions were. I'm not taking the gun issue up except in the context that I would not like to have a gun pointed in my direction. If the BC has been getting out a lot why not report it to the animal control people? If the dog was out a lot and dangerous, that also should have been reported. Hopefully something will be done about a loose dog who attacks either people or other dogs.  In this case the roaming was reported and taken care of, why couldn't the barking have been handled in the same way?  In both cases there are laws for us to try to use first.
    Also, you are right, I was not there and should not have said anything in the first place, however, even if we are within the law, maybe killing should not be our first move. (except when said animal is killing or injuring either people or other animals)    Since I don't really know what happened I will work on my computer skills and hopefully engage my brain before my fingers next time.    Sorry, Sharon
Sharon Stuck, Menan Id
http://www.srv.net/~shasta/index.htm